Entities in Entity Dimension vs BU's in UDx Dimension - Intercompany eliminations

Harry
New Contributor III

Hello,

Let's assume we have the entities in the dimension "Entity" and the Business Units in a UDx dimension .

In this case, is it possible to trigger intercompany eliminations at Business Unit level ? 

Thanks,

Regards,

Harry

4 REPLIES 4

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@Harry  - The elimination will happen at the first common parent (Entity) at the higher level. This is Out of Box. You might need to write custom calculations, but I am not sure what is your exact requirements.

Thanks
Krishna

Henning
Valued Contributor

Yes, it is possible and a common (enough) use case. One will have to use custom consolidation rules. Depends on the overall preference, process, requirements and also on how many entities and BUs a customer has in my view. 

MikeG
Contributor III

Hi @Harry , @Henning is right.  If your question was as simple as "is it possible", the answer is it is possible.  Are you to the point you are attempting to code the custom elimination / custom consolidation business rule or are you determining how to design the application most appropriately to potentially use the out-of-box elimination where all IC Trading Partners exist in the Entity dimension?  i.e. Business Units are the Base members in the Entity dimension.

Harry
New Contributor III

Thanks Krishna, Henning & Mike 🙂