Combine 2 Methods of Data Adapters

Mikki
New Contributor III

Hi

I want to combine data from 2 out-of-box methods in Data Adapter for a custom grid. 

Is there a function that I can use in BR to read data from the methods - FormsStatusForWorkFlowUnit and CertificationForWorkflowUnit

Thank you in advance,

Mikki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DanielWillis
Contributor III

Hi Mikki

You would just need to get your method queries into the same format (if they aren't already) and then merge the 2 datasets/data tables together.

Syntax for the method command is:

Dim objDataSet As DataSet = BRApi.Database.ExecuteMethodCommand(dbConn, methodTypeId, methodQuery, resultDataTableName, customSubVars)

There is an example of using method queries including looping through and working with the data within here:

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Reporting/Application-Workflow-Status-Report/m-p/34697/hi...

There is a fair amount of info on google about joining data tables so I'll leave that to you!

- Daniel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DanielWillis
Contributor III

Hi Mikki

You would just need to get your method queries into the same format (if they aren't already) and then merge the 2 datasets/data tables together.

Syntax for the method command is:

Dim objDataSet As DataSet = BRApi.Database.ExecuteMethodCommand(dbConn, methodTypeId, methodQuery, resultDataTableName, customSubVars)

There is an example of using method queries including looping through and working with the data within here:

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Reporting/Application-Workflow-Status-Report/m-p/34697/hi...

There is a fair amount of info on google about joining data tables so I'll leave that to you!

- Daniel

SH_INT
New Contributor III

You would do this in a Dataset business rule which will provide all the flexibility you need to combine multiple datasets. You would then attach the dataset you define in this rule to a data adapter using the Command Type: Method & Method Type: Business Rule  

Check out The Dutiful Dead, or: A Tale Of Mixed DataSets - OneStream Community (onestreamsoftware.com) for the techniques you can leverage in the Dataset BRs

Mikki
New Contributor III

Thank you both!