Cube view add dimensions to columns

MarioGV
New Contributor III

hi all, I hope you are doing well.

I've a cube view with 2 columns and need to add another dimension, is his a bug to have only 2 dimensions?

MarioGV_0-1728489643985.png

Thanks in advance. Regards

Mario Guerrero

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

T_Kress
Contributor III

This is not a bug.  Columns only allow for 2 dimension expansions.  You can put more dimensions in each of those two expansions using ":" but you will not be able to expand on more than 2 dims.  If you need more, a Quick View may be an option.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

T_Kress
Contributor III

This is not a bug.  Columns only allow for 2 dimension expansions.  You can put more dimensions in each of those two expansions using ":" but you will not be able to expand on more than 2 dims.  If you need more, a Quick View may be an option.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

MarioGV
New Contributor III

thank you Teresa, I'm using ":" but would like to have another dimension instead of using :

Kind Regards.

Henning
Valued Contributor II

Hi, just in case you are asking for it in order to get more column headers in the cube view, this can be achieved by setting the "Use Default Column Headers" to False and then select up to 6 dimensions to be displayed in the column headers.

E.g.:

Henning_0-1728552448797.png

MarioGV
New Contributor III

hi Henning; I changed the properties as your image but still having 2 dimension in columns on Designer or Advanced tab.

Could you please send me an image where it was availabe?

Best Regards.

Mario

MarioGV
New Contributor III

I saw the cube view in Data Explorer and display 3 columns

MarioGV_0-1728570572674.png

but I need to ad into the layout

MarioGV_1-1728570653247.png

it solved using ":" as imagen showed.

thank you and best regards.