GetDataCell in cube views of members based on criteria Text

osanalyst
New Contributor

Hi, there is a way to get the sum of the values of all the members that I filter with the text3? for example text3='Austria'

In this case in Row1, I have E#Entity.Base.Where(Text3 = 'Austria'), which identify two entities, and in Row2 GetDataCell(CVR(Row1)):Name(Total Austria), but it doesn't work.

osanalyst_1-1686903773190.png

5 REPLIES 5

RobSnelson
New Contributor III

I think in this instance, you would be best advised to use an XFBR rule to solve this challenge.

You can then specify the E#Entity.Base.Where(Text3 = 'Austria') as a parameter to pass into the XFBR, and then within the XFBR you can build a GetDataCell string that you return to the MemberFilter in the CV. In the rule you would create a Member List using the filter, and then cycle through each member in the list to build the string, adding up all the members.

XFBR(GetDataCellUsingFilter,Filter=E#Entity.Base.Where(Text3 = 'Austria'))

I believe there is a rule out there already, written by Nick Kroppe, that does this.

Hope this helps!

Archetype

I tried to use this business rule XFBR string but it doesn't work

Namespace OneStream.BusinessRule.DashboardStringFunction.CubeViewLists
Public Class MainClass
Public Function Main(ByVal si As SessionInfo, ByVal globals As BRGlobals, ByVal api As Object, ByVal args As DashboardStringFunctionArgs) As Object
Try
'-- Example Usage XFBR(CubeViewLists,GetSumMemberFormula,DimName=[|WFEntityDim|],MemberFilter=[])
If args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("GetSumMemberFormula") Then
Dim strMbrFilter As String = args.NameValuePairs("MemberFilter")
Dim strDimName As String = args.NameValuePairs("DimName")

Dim dpk As DimPk = BRApi.Finance.Dim.GetDimPk(si, strDimName)
If dpk Is Nothing Then
Throw New XFException(si, "Error, specified dimension does not exist", strDimName)
Else
Dim lstMI As List(Of MemberInfo) = brapi.Finance.Members.GetMembersUsingFilter(si, dpk, strMbrFilter, True )

Dim strList As String = String.Join(" + ", (From l In lstMI Select "E#[" & l.Member.Name & "]").ToArray())
Return strList
End If

End If

Return Nothing
Catch ex As Exception
Throw ErrorHandler.LogWrite(si, New XFException(si, ex))
End Try
End Function
End Class
End Namespace

RobSnelson
New Contributor III

What error are you getting?

This code should work, it includes the GetDataCell and Name as an additional argument:

Namespace OneStream.BusinessRule.DashboardStringFunction.CubeViewLists
Public Class MainClass
Public Function Main(ByVal si As SessionInfo, ByVal globals As BRGlobals, ByVal api As Object, ByVal args As DashboardStringFunctionArgs) As Object
Try
                If args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("GetSumMemberFormula") Then
                    Dim strMbrFilter As String = args.NameValuePairs("MemberFilter")
                    Dim strDimName As String = args.NameValuePairs("DimName")
                    Dim strName As String = args.NameValuePairs("Name")

Dim dpk As DimPk = BRApi.Finance.Dim.GetDimPk(si, strDimName)
                    If dpk Is Nothing Then
                        Throw New XFException(si, "Error, specified dimension does not exist", strDimName)
                    Else
                        Dim lstMI As List(Of MemberInfo) = BRApi.Finance.Members.GetMembersUsingFilter(si, dpk, strMbrFilter, True)

Dim strList As String = String.Join(" + ", (From l In lstMI Select "E#[" & l.Member.Name & "]").ToArray())

'XFBR(CubeViewLists,GetSumMemberFormula,DimName=[MainEntityDim],MemberFilter=[E#Legal_Consol.Base.Where(Text1 = 'Test')],Name=[Total])
                        Return $"GetDataCell({strList}):Name({strName})"
                    End If
                End If

Return Nothing
Catch ex As Exception
Throw ErrorHandler.LogWrite(si, New XFException(si, ex))
End Try
End Function
End Class
End Namespace

When I first tried it, it worked. Now when I try to reopen the report it doesn't give me any errors, but I don't have the sum

osanalyst_0-1687163209066.png

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi @osanalyst 

Can you please add this to Ideastream?

Thanks and cheers

Christian