Unable to pass bound Parameters to a DM Sequence

Keyser_Soze
New Contributor III

Hello there,

As intuitive as it seems, I'm trying to pass bound parameters from a CView to a DM Sequence.

Upon selecting a CView cell, I click on a 1st button to open a dialog window (at this stage, bound params are resolved). But, within this dialog, once I click on 2nd button that launches my DM Sequence that uses the previously resolved params; I retrieve " |!mySelectedAccount!| " instead of the needed value.

• Button Configuration:

Community1.png

• DM Step Configuration:

Community2.png

Solution Attempts:

• Since I am able to retrieve the bound params on the 1st button click, I tried storing them to a 'Literal Parameter' that uses an XFBR to string.join values, but when I try retrieving the literal param value i get " XFBR(BR,Function, Account=|!mySelectedAccount!|, Entity= ... " instead of resolving the XFBR ( Which is normal ?)
  • I tried using "Globals" but I get the same result ... literal value instead of resolved value
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Keyser_Soze
New Contributor III
  • Operational solution: Get/Set State

I used the "BRApi.State.SetSessionState() " & "GetSessionState()" to transfer my parameters from a 'Dashboard Extender Business Rule'  (Where my bound parameters can be resolved) to a 'Finance Business Rule' ! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Keyser_Soze
New Contributor III
  • Operational solution: Get/Set State

I used the "BRApi.State.SetSessionState() " & "GetSessionState()" to transfer my parameters from a 'Dashboard Extender Business Rule'  (Where my bound parameters can be resolved) to a 'Finance Business Rule' !